- To inspire Guernsey to become the best place to live on earth by 2020
- To inspire communities around the world to take on and solve the world’s toughest
- To inspire the creation of a new golden age for Planet Earth
Why we are
We exist to align the right ideas and resources, with the right place and time to accelerate breakthrough innovation and unlock human potential.
Who we are
What we are
We are a place-based foundation that focuses on creating global impact. We concentrate ideas, resources and impact in locations that are ideally positioned to create breakthrough innovation.
Why Is Guernsey Our First Location?
Guernsey is situated 50 km off the north-west coast of France, in the Bay of St. Malo and 120 km from the English coast.
An independent and self-governing island forming part of the southernmost group of islands that make up the British Isles, the Bailiwick of Guernsey includes the smaller neighbouring islands of Sark, Herm and Alderney. The island has a total surface area of 25 square miles, with a population of around 63,000.
As a small self-governing nation, Guernsey is a microcosm, operating at a human scale. Here, it is possible to solve complex systemic issues in ways that cannot currently be achieved in large nation states.
Guernsey has already used its small size and autonomy to become a global leader in many areas of social and economic innovation. The Dandelion Foundation focuses on maximising the capacity for Guernsey and other similar communities around the world to use their small scale and self-determination to accelerate human progress.
In everything we do and every decision we make, our Governing Values are our ultimate guide to inform our actions:
- Health & Happiness – The health and happiness of our community, our children and the generations that follow, is paramount. We put this value first, in everything and anything we do.
- Fun – If it isn’t enjoyable, why do it? There is usually a fun way to approach everything – and working this way has much greater reach and impact. So, it is important that we inject fun into everything we do.
- Abundance – The world has more than enough resources to create an incredible life for everyone. At all times, we must act on the basis that there is more than enough to develop and action what needs to happen.
- Inspiration – Before every act of creation, there is a moment of inspiration. We seek to inspire the creation of an incredible world.
- Limitlessness – Everything and anything is possible. Not seeing a solution doesn’t mean there isn’t one. As each member of the community views the possibilities through their own lens, the opportunities broaden exponentially.
- Impact – What decision is going to have the highest impact? We seek to create impact from every decision we make.
- From the Inside Out – To change the world, we must first work on ourselves; then family; then community; then the world. Only then can we achieve breakthrough in a sustainable way.
- Self Direction – We empower people, groups and communities to solve their own problems.
- Personal Responsibility – We accept responsibility for the world we live in and take action to improve it, wherever and whenever we have the opportunity.
- Leave No One Behind – In the end, we can leave no one behind. Everything we do is inclusive.
Current Moonshot Goals
We set ourselves and our founding community some audacious goals that signal the direction of travel for much of our innovation. We aim to create an environment to provide systemic solutions to achieve these goals:
- To be the best place to live on earth by 2020
- To be the most positive country on the planet
- To be the first country in the world to have a life expectancy of 100
- To become the world’s first self-actualised country
- To reduce our cost of living to zero, sustainably
- To become the world’s first self-organised country
- To become the highest-impact nation on the planet
- To be the world’s first country to end the obligation to work
- To be the first country that develops legislation in real time
- To be the most philanthropic country on the planet
- To leave no one behind